In an effort to celebrate the valuable contributions made by many people to our community, the Cabot Select Board and the Cabot School Board are soliciting nominations for the 2013 Cabot Community Service Award. This award will recognize a Cabot resident whose contributions of time, talent, and energy over a number of years have had [...]
Students share with community members the interactive iBooks they create to highlight their learning,
Middle school students develop skills in teamwork and leadership as they participate in challenging initiatives.
Tenth grade students at Cabot School use biology and chemistry studies as they collaborate with conservation organizations to build a public river access on the Winooski River in Plainfield.
While writing has been the focus of teacher professional development and classroom implementation these past 2 school years, math will be moving into the front seat for 2013-14. Training with Harvard math consultant, Mahesh Sharma has begun and 8 teachers will attend a week-long summer training with Mahesh. One focus of this work is what [...]
Click here to read the May 10 Principal's Update. (Read full story to access the link.)
May 17th – Community Celebration featuring BARIKA, Burlington’s Premier West African Funk Ensemble, with the Cabot High School Band and Chorus
Come listen to Barika and enjoy an early summer barbeque on the Cabot Common. Students in the SEED American Studies course have been planning a community celebration, honoring Cabot's past and looking towards its future. Join us for family fun, a barbecue featuring local beef from Maple Lane Farm, and a stellar band. Admission, including [...]
On Thursday, May 16 at 7 PM, please join Bill Tobin at the Cabot School Performing Arts Center for a benefit concert. He will perform on his Concert Grand and Electric Silhouette to raise money for Frolic and Fling, a Scottish Dancing June Intensive for Cabot High School. Students will greatly appreciate your donation of $10 or more. [...]
Click here to check out the current list of June term offerings for high school students. (Read full story to access the link.)
Check out the 8th grade class blog to read posts about the following topics! Read full story to access the links: Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe; Megaladon Madness; The Baltimore Aquarium
Parents of the rising seniors, Class of 2014, are invited to attend a meeting with School Counselor Laura Lacroix and VSAC Outreach Counselor Lindsey Yablonowski on Tuesday, May 14th, from 6:30 to 8:00, in the small science lab. The discussion will focus on suggestions parents have about how to best assist them during the college application [...]
Dear Parents and Guardians of Cabot Students, As part of our effort to be an organization that is always learning and improving, we will be conducting a survey called the Comprehensive School Climate Inventory (CSCI). Different versions of the survey will be given to parents, students and school personnel, which will allow us to hear [...]
On Tuesday, May 7, the eighth grade class will embark upon their journey to Washington, D.C. While there, they will be updating a blog documenting what they have seen and done and what's made the trip memorable. Read full story to access the link to the blog, and check back often for updates!
Pre-K / K – May 23, 10:00 AM
8th Grade – June 13, 5:30 PM
High School – June 14, 6:30 PM
- Cabot School Newsletter, May 10
The Cabot School Newsletter, the new and improved weekly bulletin, is now available online. It is also sent weekly to your inbox if you subscribe to Cabot's Front Porch Forum. Click here to access this week's edition, complete with lunch menus, the principal's update, and more.
- Events on May 23, 20132013-14 Kindergarten RegistrationLocation: Cabot School OfficeDescription: Please bring an original birth certificate and vaccination records. You may Contact Mrs. Savoca at 563-2289 if you have any questions
- Events on May 23, 2013PK/K GraduationLocation: Outside (if raining - cafeteria)
- Events on May 23, 2013Spring Concert - Grades 6-12 - CSPACLocation: CSPAC
- Events on May 24, 2013BTC In-Service - No Classes for Students that go to the Barre Tech Ctr
- Events on May 24, 20132013-14 Kindergarten RegistrationLocation: Cabot School OfficeDescription: Please bring an original birth certificate and vaccination records. You may Contact Mrs. Savoca at 563-2289 if you have any questions
- Events on May 24, 2013End - 4th Qtr Marking Period for HS - June Term beginsDescription: June Term will run from May 28 - June 10 for all HS Students
- Events on May 27, 2013NO SCHOOL / HOLIDAYDescription: Memorial Day Observed
- Events on May 28, 2013Kindergarten-No School Today
- Events on May 28, 2013Round Up (2013-14 Kindergarten) & Parent Info MeetingLocation: K and PK Classrooms
- Events on May 29, 2013PK - 2 - Mother Goose PresentationLocation: Cabot School Primary Area
- Events on May 29, 2013Parent Orientation - 3/4 and 5/6 Multi-Age Classes (2013-14)Location: Cabot School
- Events on May 30, 2013PK & K OSLO - Ben & Jerry's WaterburyLocation: Ben & Jerry's Waterbury